New guidelines for converting foreign certificates

SFS does not convert foreign certificates to Norwegian certificates.

23. april 2013 the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority published their new guidelines for ‘
Foreign proficiency certificates for trucks, cranes and earth moving machines’.

In general:
  • The certificate must be translated into Norwegian or English.
  • The owner must fill out an application for a permit for use of a foreign proficiency certificate and send this together with translated documentation to the Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority
  • The Norwegian Labour Inspection Authority processes the application.
  • If the application is approved, the owner will receive a letter describing which categories of work equipment are approved.
  • The owner must always keep this letter together with their original proficiency certificate.
  • The owner will not be issued a norwegian certificate
  • A norwegian certificate will only be issued when Norwegian certified training is completed.

More information
Site logo
Stiftelsen Sentralregisteret Tlf: 62 42 33 00 E-post: sfs(a)